Workflow editable permission with transitions?

David Stallard June 14, 2017

I need to have a status in my workflow where the fields are not editable, but still want to be able to transition it to other statuses.  However, if I set the jira.issue.editable property of the status to false, it disables transitions as well.

In the JIRA default workflow, the Closed status has this property set to false and yet you're still able to transition to Reopened.  How is this accomplished?  Is it something I can do with other statuses and transitions?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2017

That property really does only affect edit.  It must be something else preventing the transitions.

David Stallard June 14, 2017

You're right, my mistake - forgot that the transitions are already locked down to a limited group and my test user is not in that group.  :)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2017

Conditions, I know they're there, I tell people about them all the time, and I still look at my own workflows and wonder what I've got wrong.  You're not alone!

Suggest an answer