Workflow configuration

Raul Comerzan October 22, 2015

Hi everyone,

I want to configure a workflow for each issue separately and i want to use/assignee it for just one project, not for all project from Jira.

How can i do that, i followed this documentation (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/configure-workflows-and-screens-376834829.html ) but is not what i want to do?

Thanks a lot,
Raul 

3 answers

0 votes
Raul Comerzan October 25, 2015

@Dennis Poort that is what i want to do, to create a different workflow for each issue type. How can I do that, do you have any documentation?

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2015

We both already answered that - use a workflow scheme. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/configuring-workflow-schemes-302809197.html

0 votes
Dennis Poort October 22, 2015

I assume you mean for each issue TYPE seperately?
You can create a different workflow for Bug/Story/Task/etc, and assign these to a workflow scheme which you assign to just one project.

You cannot define a workflow for the same issue TYPE within the same project.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2015

>I want to configure a workflow for each issue separately 

Not going to happen (not as you've written it, and I've read it, anyway.  I may have misunderstood, that happens a lot).  The issue type of an issue determines which workflow it will use.  If you want to use workflow 1 for an issue, then you need to make sure the issue is of a type which uses workflow 1.

>i want to use/assignee it for just one project, not for all project from JIRA

That's no problem.  You define a "workflow scheme" (which says things like "for issue type A, use workflow 1, for type B, use 2, for type C, use 3 and for all other types use D"), and then apply it to the project.  You can have totally different schemes for each project.

Suggest an answer