Workflow condition is not working

Alexandre Thomas September 23, 2012

Dear Jira

We are using Jira v5.1 and on our way to purchase the license.
We would like to be able to configure the workflow with using conditions.
Unfortunately when we try to click on the view condition menu entry in the workflow edition, we got an exception. See below. It is quit important for us to be able to configure certain person responsible for certain workflow transitions.

Best Regards

Alexandre Thomas

Exception:

Not Found (404)

Action 'com.atlassian.jira.web.action.admin.workflow.ViewWorkflowTransition' could not be instantiated - org.picocontainer.defaults.UnsatisfiableDependenciesException: com.atlassian.jira.web.action.admin.workflow.ViewWorkflowTransition doesn't have any satisfiable constructors. Unsatisfiable dependencies: [[interface com.atlassian.jira.workflow.JiraWorkflow, class com.opensymphony.workflow.loader.StepDescriptor, class com.opensymphony.workflow.loader.ActionDescriptor, interface com.atlassian.plugin.PluginAccessor, interface com.atlassian.jira.config.ConstantsManager, class com.atlassian.jira.util.CollectionReorderer, interface com.atlassian.jira.bc.workflow.WorkflowService], [interface com.atlassian.jira.workflow.JiraWorkflow, class com.opensymphony.workflow.loader.ActionDescriptor, interface com.atlassian.plugin.PluginAccessor, interface com.atlassian.jira.config.ConstantsManager, class com.atlassian.jira.util.CollectionReorderer, interface com.atlassian.jira.bc.workflow.WorkflowService]]

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexandre Thomas September 24, 2012

I used firefox 3,6,17

0 votes
Amy Biasella
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2012

Hi, was your problem ever resolved? I'm having the same issue on a clean instance of JIRA - only one custom event and no plugins.

I've sucessfully performed this transition before.

Using v5.1.8.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2012

Looks like you've got a condition plugin that's loading but failing on usage. What condition is causing this problem for you?

Alexandre Thomas September 23, 2012

Hi

Well, actually the error appears just when I right click on a transition and I choose the "View Condition" on the menu. Then, I have this error appearing immediately.

Alexandre

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2012

Ok, that makes me think that the condition used to be provided by a plugin when you created the workflow, but you've upgraded Jira and/or the plugin and it's now incompatible. So it's failing to load at startup, then when your workflow editor tries to read it, it fails.

Do you have any plugins installed (now or in the past) that might fit that pattern?

Dirty trick here - look at your workflow, find the "export to xml" option and save the result as a file. Open that in a text or xml editor and look for "class=" tags. If you have the time and patience to read the xml (it's very long, dull and wordy), then you'll be able to see your transition in it, with the condition. This will help you identify what condition is failing to load/run. It'll be something like com.someone.plugin.condition.afunnyname

Suggest an answer