Workflow buttons do nothing, need to reload page

CarlL October 25, 2017

Since we upgraded to JIRA 7.4 we have had a strange problem. We are currently on 7.5.1 and host it ourselves.

If I go to an issue and hit a workflow button like "Start Progress" or "Resolve Issue", JIRA will ignore me and do nothing. I can wait as long as I like, but these buttons will not work.

The workaround is to clear the cache (required), reload the page, and then be VERY careful not to push any buttons until confident everything is completely loaded. If you don't wait long enough, you need to do it again.

This is extremely annoying and I'm looking for a fix. Please note I'm on a DSL line, so perhaps JIRA is optimized for a very quick, reliable connection, and there's a race condition somewhere for slower connections. However, I don't have this type of bug with Google services or any other web site, so I'm confident it's specific to JIRA.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, have you figured out a fix? Thanks!

P.S. Here's some additional info. If I open the JS console when the bug happens, you get "TypeError: undefined is not an object" (my least favorite JS error). It's coming from registerCallbackInDialog in batch.js. Smells like a Javascript bug.

1 answer

0 votes
CarlL October 25, 2017

Well, I can answer my own question. We are using an Add-on called Automated Log Work for JIRA. It needed to be updated after we updated JIRA.

I couldn't find the offending JS in JIRA itself, so that got me thinking about Add-ons. We don't use very many, but lesson learned is that you must check your Add-ons after upgrading - you won't be prompted to automatically.

Hope this helps someone in a similar situation!

Suggest an answer