Workflow buttons are missing

Brent Goodrick February 23, 2014

Hi,

I created a new project and edited the default workflow (it created a copy as expected). I added new steps and transitions, and published the workflow. The workflow and its workflow schema are active and associated with the project.

However, I am unable to see the workflow (transition) buttons on the issue view. I can click on Start Progress, Resolve, and I see Close in the workflow drop down, but not the other transitions. There is a transition from Start Progress to my new "Validate" step, and a transition from the new "Validate" step to resolved.

I've searched and searched and cannot find the answer.

Version of jira as seen from the bottom of each web page is: v5.2.11.

Thanks,

Brent

3 answers

3 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2014

you need to check the conditions on those workflow actions!!

Brent Goodrick February 26, 2014

@rambanam: That is what I thought too. By "workflow actions" I believe you mean transitions?

If so, then I made sure that the transition conditions on this missing transition button matched up exactly with a transition that is showing up as a workflow button, which was the Starting Progress transition. I then attempted to verify it by adding an issue and the new button corresponding to my Validate transition is still missing.

Should I provide additional details here? What else can I try?

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2014

yes i am speaking about transitions,

can you post screen shots of workflow overview and validate transition conditions tab!!

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2014

@brent- I hope you haven't forgotten to publish the workflow after adding your new step.

Brent Goodrick February 27, 2014

@tarun: Yes I believe I did.

@rambanam: Technical glitch preventing me from posting screenshots. https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/31586/aac-itself-best-way-to-embed-photos-for-questionssays it is doable, but I do not see any web page links or anything that allows for uploading from my view.

Brent Goodrick March 6, 2014

Anyone know how to allow me to upload pictures into this answer site?

The answer is currently "no" as I understand it: The "Dec 30 '11 at 06:09 AM" answer leads me to believe that was not implemented. I'll have to find a image server to serve the pictures.

What I see after I click on the Edit button. It is strange that I have added a Validation step into the diagram, but there does not exist such a thing listed in the Statuses in the left side:

Validate(721) transition Conditions view (see left side of diagram in prior post):

Screenshot of the the Workflow Overview (?):

Screenshot of workflow scheme (more images to come):

@rambanam: Ok now I'm done posting images of what I believe you asked for. Any ideas of what might be amiss?

Thanks!!

Validate (721) Edit Transition View. Perhaps I need to assign a view? Is that the blocker here?

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2014

the condition says that only assignee can do transition, did you tried by assigned issue to yourself ?

if still unable to see the workflow action then try to run the "check workflow integrity checker" on Integrity Checker page, check the following doc

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Using+the+Database+Integrity+Checker

Yes I created the task, assigned it to myself, and it is my user account that is attempting to do the transition. And it still fails.

I concluded that integrity checker is what I would need to run yesterday, but I tried to find the integrity checker but failed. I have hence filed a separate Answers question thread for that: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/270057/where-is-the-integrity-checker

0 votes
Thirunavukkarasu June 7, 2018

Same issue happened for me..workflow buttons disappeared..unable to change the ticket status

0 votes
James_Mclellan July 31, 2017

I had a similar problem this morning. Re-publishing the workflows (after re-indexing, which may have also helped) appears to have corrected the transitions.

Suggest an answer