Workflow button is not available in Jira issue view

Marian Zurek December 16, 2013

Hello,

Workflow button is not available for one of the newly created project as well as any actions from this workflow is not available as well (e.g. it's impossible to start progress on any issue).

We tried to switch to standard jira workflow and run Administration >> System >> Integrity Checker, but it doesn't help.

Best regards,

2 answers

1 vote
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2013

It may be that the Open status in your workflow is an orphan i.e. it is not connected to any other states.

So, i would say, check which workflow scheme is associated with your project, go into the workflow scheme and find out which workflow is associated. Then check the workflow for this.

Rahul

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2013

might be conditions are configured on workflow transitions

Ubisoft
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2013

Exactly, I would suspect a transition condition that prevent the button to be visible. It may be a Permission or Project-Role condition, or any other conditions, ex: 'only Assignee' can transition the issue, etc...

Suggest an answer