Workflow button is greyed out, not sure what to do

Doug Varn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2012

I have an odd issue and probably a dumb reason for it, but I can't figure it out.

Brand new GH 6.x board, new Jira project, and I created a few Tasks. They show up on the board fine, but can't be dragged to the In Progress column.

The project is using the default Jira workflow which normally allows this. It's driving me nuts, I can't figure out why this project prevents me from doing this.

I checked the actual Jira issue itself and Workflow button is greyed out, showing only the Close and Resolve buttons. But I should be able to begin progress without jumping right to those.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2012

You might have a workflow condition, like "only assignee can do this", on the transition. If so, assign the ticket to yourself and try it again. It could be some other condition as well!

Doug Varn
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 29, 2012

that may be it since i can move it to In Progress when it's assigned to me, not someone else.

isn't the Jira default workflow uneditable? and if so, then this must be how it operates by default?

Doug Varn
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 29, 2012

confirmed, it appears to be a condition on the jira default workflow which seems uneditable. i guess this isn't news to anyone but me! ;)

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 29, 2012

we hae seen it in "Answers" before. So you are not alone ;) You can modify the workflows and after copying it. You will have to create a new scheme and migrate if you do that.

Suggest an answer