Workflow Transitions

Saadiq Patel June 26, 2014

Is it possible that if you have an "On-Hold" status, and you want to transition this back to the last step is this possible (or a previous step it has been in(... I know I can add a transition back, but only issue is that, i would need to add all transitions and this will then allow the user to step a status... for example.

If i have, design, build, test, release, warranty steps, and place the issue on hold at build, i then want to allow the user to take off OnHold, but only go back to previous steps... and not be able to select test, release, warranty...

Thoughts?

3 answers

1 vote
Vijay Khacharia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2014

Hi,

This is possible on standalone version of JIRA. I have it implemented using script runner plugin. I wrote conditions on each outgoing transition from "On Hold" to check in history what was the last status of the issue.

But I see this plugin is not available for OnDemand JIRA.

Vijay.

Vijay Khacharia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2014

Hi,

I think below should work.

- On each transition going to "On Hold" put the status name in a custom field.

- On each transition out of "On Hold" check that customfield value and compare the status where the transition goes to using the condition "Value Field Condition" available in JIRA Suite utilities plugin. This plugin is available for JIRA OnDemand.

Another option is to use below plugin.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.innovalog.jmwe.jira-misc-workflow-extensions

The plugin has a condition to check what was the most recent status.

https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JMWE/Conditions#Conditions-1-PreviousStatusCondition

Hope this works for you. I have not used jira misc workflow extensions.

Vijay

0 votes
Saadiq Patel June 26, 2014

i want to have from on-hold a transition to all steps in the workflow, but only be able to transition to one of them if the issue has been in that step in the past, it should not be able to jump from Test to Onhold to Warranty, but OnHold to Design, Build, Test or Release...

Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 26, 2014

Then that is out of my scope of knowledge. But it seems that @Vijayhave some ideas :)

0 votes
Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 26, 2014

I am not sure I understand you correctly. Do you want these statused:

Design > Build > Test > Release > Warranty

and include On Hold:

Design > Build > On Hold > Test > Release > Warranty

and, if you choose On Hold from Build instead of Test, you only want On Hold to be able to transition back to either Build or Design?

If so, only having transitions back to these should solve the problem.

Or am I missing something? :)

Suggest an answer