Workflow Transition Buttons Do Not Appear for All Tickets

Swati Grover September 22, 2017

I cannot see Assign or log hours button for one project but for other i can see this. However i have enough rights .

2 answers

2 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2017

Are you using the same workflow scheme in your different projects? Also make sure that you have the right workflow for the issue type you are using. If you can provide more details it will help.

Swati Grover September 22, 2017

According to the Project admin , i have correct permissions but still i can't see any settings button to configure the buttons visible in my jira profile

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2017

Are you sure there aren't any conditions in the workflow?

0 votes
Glenn Morrow September 22, 2017

You cannot, as far as I know, configure the buttons of workflow yourself or for yourself. That is set in the workflow itself.

Can you see the "view workflow" link next to the status for an issue? If you click that you should be able see the workflow diagram and see the transitions and those transitions should match the workflow buttons. Can you see those?

Only the transitions that apply to the *status* the ticket is in will show so check that too in the workflow view - perhaps the buttons you are looking for are not transitions for the status the ticket is currently?

if all that looks good have the project admin or someone else log on, go to the ticket, and verify that they can see the buttons. If so and you cannot then it must be permissions somewhere. If no one can see the buttons but they are in the workflow view they may be set to hidden with the workflow settings themselves - you Project admin would be the one to fix that.

if none of that works a screenshot of a project ticket with buttons and its workflow view and one of a project ticket with missing buttons and its workflow view might help someone spot the problem for you.

Swati Grover September 23, 2017

This is what i can seeScreen Shot 2017-09-23 at 12.37.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-09-23 at 12.37.49 PM.pngThis is 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2017

What do you have in the "workflow" drop down?

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2017

I agree with Nic, can you please send us a screenshot of the workflow dropdown?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2017

I ask that to check what else you can see.

As @Fadoua says, I'm really expecting this to be down to the conditions on the transitions.

Suggest an answer