Workflow Step Ask For Resolution

bjordansb July 24, 2014

We're trying to make our workflow work so that if you set the status to "Done" or "Archived" you're asked to set the Resolution. When the transition goes to "Done" the resolution is set to "Done". I'd like it to ask. Or at least ask for the resolution when "Archived" is selected. There are some items we don't implement, can't reproduce, etc. I need this recorded in the workflow.

See Screenshot below of workflow.

I've seen this on boards before. When you move through the workflow it will ask you to set the resolution, flag time, add a comment, etc. However I cannot determine how to set our customworkflow up to work this way.

I'd really appreciate any help. I'm trying to understand workflows and transitions. I'm having a little trouble with the nuances of it though.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2014

For Done: Edit all transitions to "Done" - add postfunction "Update Issue Field" (Field: Resolution, Value: Done)

For Achieved: Edit all transitions to "Achieved" and set "Resolve issue Screen" as Transition view.

bjordansb July 24, 2014

Andris, Thank you so much. I'm still not 100% sure I fully undestand the relationship between workflows and transistions. Your answer did help me resolve my issue. I apprecaite it.

Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2014

Workflow is kind of a image you attached.

Statuses are boxes in it.

Transitions are arrows in it.

Suggest an answer