Workflow Status where you can not reopen Issues

Josia Leppert December 15, 2022

Hello,

Is there a way where you can not transition a issue to a other status(dead end)? So in my case I have a Rejected status, but you can switch it to "Done" and other status because I checkt the box with: "Allow all statuses to transition to this one".  It is a big workflow and I don't want to delete the to "All" transition. Is there a other solution for this issue? 

Thanks for helping. 

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2022

Hi @Josia Leppert,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Because you have statuses that allow transitions from any status, like Done and Ready for IT, you would have to add a condition on those transitions in order to prevent issues that are in Rejected status to transition out of it. The condition you need to add is called Previous status condition and set it so the previous status cannot be Rejected. Something like this:

Screenshot 2022-12-15 at 8.05.00 AM.png

@Mikael Sandberg It is working. but I Checkt only that "Reverse Condition" I don't understand what the "Include current status" is doing.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2022

The "include current status" means that it also takes into affect the current status the issue is in, so you want to check that so issues that is currently in the Rejected status cannot transition out of it.

Example, if the issue is currently in Rejected and you have not checked "include current status", you will be able to move the issue to Ready for IT, Communication, Done or Waiting for Customer, because the current status is not considered. It will only be considered if the issue has been in the Rejected status, transitioned out of it, and then transitioned back to Rejected.

Like Josia Leppert likes this
0 votes

So the Rejected status should be a dead end2022-12-15 16_45_15-Project pm-servicedesk - Issue Types - Jira.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events