Workflow Sharing plugin in JIRA 6 - what it is worth

Jozef Kotlár
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2013

I was following development of this plugin with high interest - one of the biggest hurdle in JIRA consulting from my point of view is to maintain configuration lifecycle - developing and testing changes on the development environment and deploying on the production.

When the plugin was withdrawn from marketplace and bundled to JIRA my attention rised and I've tried it on EAP release. It was quite huge dissapointment when in process of export sarcastically noted (just excerpt follows):

The items from the following plugins were removed from the workflow bundle:
- JIRA Suite Utilities

Transition: Accept

Plugin post functions removed from this transition:
- Clear Field Value (JIRA Suite Utilities)
- Copy Value From Other Field (JIRA Suite Utilities)

Custom event fired by Fire Event Function was replaced by the generic event.

I know, that implementing such a feature is quite difficult, but this is huge step back even from 1.0-rc1. I just wonder whether implemented scope of functionality has more than demonstrating value.

2 answers

0 votes
Jozef Kotlár
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2013

There is related issue - JRA-33311

0 votes
Jozef Kotlár
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2013

Probably my expectations were just too high - see related question

Suggest an answer