Workflow Report Macro

Sheila Benjamin July 7, 2014

I have a workflow with the following states - Draft, Approved, Publish. However, I've gone in and changed Publish to Published. Unfortunately, Publish still shows up in my workflow report. How can I remove incorrect or old states from this report?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Miguel Reimer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2014

Hi Sheila,

When you change a state name like that, you will need to rebuild the Confluence Search Index from the "Content Indexing" page in the global Confluence Admin.

A couple notes:

• rebuilding the search index only works if you are using a space workflow or a label restricted space workflow, both are listed on the "Workflows" page in the Space Admin under "Space Workflows".
  • if you added the workflow to each page individually through Add Workflow, you will need to first go to every page and update the workflow on that page to use the new name as page workflows are not linked to the workflow template. But before you do that, please let me know and I can help you set up label restricted space workflows so that future changes are managed centrally.
  • pages that were in the "Publish" state will not automatically change to the "Published" state. If you have pages in this scenario, please let me know and I'll provide the solution to change the states, once I set things up and test it first.

Thanks,
Miguel

Sheila Benjamin July 24, 2014

Sorry, so unless I have Confluence Admin access I can't make the changes myself? That's definitely frustrating.

Sheila Benjamin August 6, 2014

Had our Confluence Admin do this for us. Thanks.

Suggest an answer