Workflow Post Function will be set to 10100.

Dana Hembroff January 4, 2022

I had a colleague reach out that their issues were no longer resolving (getting a strike-through in the active sprint view).

I checked their workflow and there *is* a post function to set the resolution with a transition to a Done status. The post function was to set the resolution to a number (ex: 10100) that doesn't exist in our Resolutions list. When I selected to edit the post function, the field value is "None".

I  did recently audit and consolidate redundant resolutions but as I deleted resolutions, I updated the issues with those resolutions to apply a remaining resolution. It seems that this could have broken the post function moving forward but why would it have retroactively removed resolutions?

Any ideas on what's going on here?

Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 12.27.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-04 at 12.27.35 PM.png

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2022

Welcome to the Community!

You are right, removing the resolution has broken this function.  The function says "set resolution to a value that does not exist any more", so you'll need to fix that - edit the workflow and change the target resolution to one that does still exist (it will offer you the list of existing resolutions, so you just need to select one, don't worry about numbers etc)

Your removal of resolution 10100 did not retroactively remove resolutions.  It just stopped the post-function from setting it when it runs as an issue is transitioned.  It doesn't matter how old the issues are, it only matters at the point of transition.

Suggest an answer