Workflow - Insert Step (not just at the end)

mtakata September 25, 2012

I could be doing this wrong but everytime I need to insert a step into any given workflow I have to re-create the workflow with the additional step. For example:

Open -> Develop -> QA -> Release -> Close.

If I wanted to add a step between QA and Release I would recreate the entire workflow due to there being only an add step feature which places the step at the bottom of the workflow rather then allowing me to place it in the correct sequence.

Is there anyway to insert a step rather than just add one at the bottom? Again I appologize if I am too new and this is a dumb question.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2012

Actually, it doesn't matter that it's at the bottom - the important thing is the transitions between status. Delete the ones that link close -> yourNewStep and add ones to link QA -> yourNewStep

mtakata September 25, 2012

Interesting...I guess I was giving the appearance of the workflow more credit than the actual functionality. Thank you for clarifying I will try this and get back to the forum.

Thank you!

mtakata September 26, 2012

That worked perfectly. Thank you!!! I cant believe I was doing all that unnecessary work =P

Suggest an answer