Workflow Error - Could not load FunctionProvider.class

Mrityunjay Kumar January 5, 2016

Hi Team,

We are upgrading JIRA 5.2.1 to JIRA 6.4.2 and we are facing below error.

Could you please help me with same.

Please find attached image and log file  

Error we are getting :-

2016-01-05 22:30:27,741 http-bio-8080-exec-13 ERROR w35338 1350x424x1 99b7kh 161.117.193.121 /secure/WorkflowUIDispatcher.jspa [atlassian.jira.workflow.DefaultOSWorkflowConfigurator] Could not load class 'com.googlecode.jsu.workflow.function.UpdateIssueCustomFieldPostFunction'
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.googlecode.jsu.workflow.function.UpdateIssueCustomFieldPostFunction

JIRA Issue.png                                          

1 answer

1 vote
Łukasz Szarecki January 5, 2016

Hi,

Probably one of your plugins (I think it is JIRA Suite Utilities) is not compatible with the JIRA 6.4.12. Go into Manage Addons page and verify if you have all plugins enabled and compatible with your JIRA version.

Best regards

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2016

For that upgrade (5 to 6), I suspect the problem is that they've not installed the JSU at all (Class not found error rather than an error trying to load or run it), but I'm 100% with you on the source of the problem and fixing it by installing/upgrading the add-on - it's definitely the JSU.

Suggest an answer