Workflow Diagram doesn't show proper transitions

My workflow diagram does not actually match the transitions' options we have when you look at the workflow in "text" edit mode. Everything still seems to be working properly though. Is this something I should be concerned about? Does anyone know why the two aren't aligned?

2 answers

Hey Jackie, how you doing? :)
As stated into the documentation:

"Text mode is an advanced way of working with workflows, and it shows the difference between steps and statuses. In text mode, you work directly with steps."

The only difference you would see between designer and text mode would be: how your transitions (and linked status) are configured.
Basically, text mode will look "bigger" than designer (depending on your workflow) because you need to see all transitions into text.
On the designer mode, you see a graphical representation, it is more intuitive to notice the transitions, though. Please check the following pages:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Working+in+text+mode

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow

Take care!

Cheers,
Pedro

I thought I had the same problem.  It turned out that the transition was drawn through another state and hidden in existing transition lines.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

26,862 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you