Workflow Conditions and Post Functions for Parent/Child transitions

JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2012

I am trying to add Conditions and Post Functions to my workflow for the following:

Parent transitions from Backlog to Defined: All Children(subtasks) transition to Defined

Child(subtask) transitions from In Progress to Resolved: Parent transitions to Resolved after ALL Children(subtasks) have transitioned to Resolved

I am trying to achive this using the condition 'subtask blocker' and the post functions 'transition parent' and 'set the status from parent' but have not been able to come up with the right combination.

Any thoughts?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2012

Using "Sub-Task Blocking Condition" should work blocking parent task to advance.

However, if you plan to create barriers (i.e. all subtasks in the same status, not letting them to advance independently) or advancement in WF for the parent task from subtask events, you should consider using scripting. Our plugin is JJupin but you can use Script Runner (or other ...) ...

There are plenty of posts on this subject, please check; https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/75677/automatic-transition-on-parent-issue-when-all-sub-tasks-are-closed

Suggest an answer