Workflow Back Button does not work.

MayBe February 3, 2013

We are using a global transition which we named "Back". This transition uses the target destination (-1) no result step (loop). Till now this worked perfectly as a Back button to the last ticket status.

Now this button stoped working from one day to another for all workflows. Now my question:

• Did we misinterpret the functionality of this generic destination step?
  • Is there a special condition to make it work again?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2013

what did you changed?

you say it worked before...so i suggest something changed to break it up...

MayBe February 3, 2013

Only thing that i remember is that I activated the feature "Unassigned Ticket". But the project has a default user.

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2013

that transition has a "status" linked with doesn't it?

how & where you added the "target destination (-1)" and what is that? i mean this value should be the status itself reduced by 1 if i get it right.

i've never seen sth like this before but i will try to reproduce if i can

MayBe February 3, 2013

Do you mean this? "Set issue status to the linked status of the destination workflow step. "

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2013

nope.

this is the first post-function which moves the issue to the step you chose. it will do exactly what it says....moving the issue to the destination step where a Status is linked.

i can't figure out how you've had a global "Back" Transition that (let me guess) was available in every Workflow Step and moves you back to the previous step.

i wonder how this transition should know where the issue was transitioned from cause there can be different steps that allow transitions to several destinations. this needs to be tracked (maybe from transition history) to work correctly.

what exactly is the goal you want to reach?

|STEP A|STEP B|STEP C|STEP D| (lets assume this is your worflow direction left > right)

when an issue is in |STEP D| you want a transition that moves the issue back to |STEP C| so you call that one "Back"

how was that working before? the only way i know is to add a transition and set destination step to the previous.

i might be completely wrong about this....if so lets wait if any user user here has a clue on that

MayBe February 18, 2013

I have to admit I dont know. May be I just got the impression it worked like back but it never did.

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2013
How does your workflow look like? One idea is to use GH simplified workflow (requires greenhopper). This will allow your users to move cards from right to left (backwards) from any step

Suggest an answer