Workflow - All statuses can transition to this status

Ops December 5, 2014

I have set a transition in my workflow to allow all statuses to transition to it. See ON HOLD below:

Workflow.PNG

However, I would like to exclude my complete statuses (Resolved, Invoiced, Signed Off). I appreciate this defeats the point of "allow all statuses to transition to this status" but I am trying to avoid my workflow looking like a spiders web! Is it possible to exclude certain statuses from that transition to on hold?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ops December 5, 2014

Thanks Nick - I thought as much!

Do you know of any add ons in the market place that would achieve this?

I am going to move the ability to put on hold to system administrators for the time being.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2014

I've done it with the script runner (That's how I found out users don't like it because the diagrams become useless to them)

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2014

No.  You either use "all" or you use the transitions you actually need.

Now, there is a workaround - you can find/write an addon that provides a Condition of "current status in (x, y, z)", and that can make a shared transition vanish in certain cases.  Be very careful before you do it - your users rely on the diagram and will question why they can't use a transition and a response of "because I wanted my diagram to look like a totally inaccurate representation of the workflow" is not one they like.

0 votes
Ops December 5, 2014

Thanks Nick - very helpful.

Suggest an answer