Workaround? Wrong calendar week in jira

We recognized that in out Jira 5.2.6 the calendar weeks in the standard calendar do not count up correctly when using the german language. It's not even conform to ISO 8061, which is set as standard. The same bug seems to appear in spanish and french. So maybe all languages that have monday as first day of the week.

Customer support opened a bug for us at: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-31934.

But my question now is:

Has anyone successfully worked around that error? I'm pretty stuck at the moment. And changing our first day of the week is not a viable option atm.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

the following workaround finally solved my problem:

"Look and Feel (g + g + Look and Feel) and scroll to the bottom, on the option Use ISO8601 standard in Date Picker, change to yes. From my end it resolves the issue and the week number is shown correctly after that."

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,729 views 17 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you