Work log/work history without time tracking?

Justin Knupp October 24, 2017

Question....

Is it possible, either through a Jira setting or though an add-on module to use the "log work" functionality in an issue without the need to "track time"?

Here's my scenario.

In our organization we don't give a hoot about how much time an issue takes or time estimates, etc.  It's just how we work.  But we LOVE the "log work" functionality that comes with Time Tracking.

Specifically we like the "Work" tab that it adds to each issue and the ability to document what was done in that section.  It documents it by person (who did the work) and date/time, and keeps things in nice sections.

But we don't use the "time" tracking and having to enter 1 in the time spent is not only pointless, and a bit of a PITA, but actually is introducing bad data into the system.

So, is there any way to have the "log work" section and functionality without the "time" portion of that?  

I'm guessing probably not from what I've seen.

So, if not, does anyone know of an add-on that would do this?

We thought about a custom text field, but that doesn't have the HTML editor and (most importantly) does't automatically attach the who/when information.

We don't want to use "Comments" as that is just that...comments and we want to keep that field/funcationality for communication about the issue.  

We want something to document what was done on the issue, by whom and when, and keep it organized in some sort of threaded way.

Without the need/requirement to track the time on the issue.

Any help would be great appreciated!

-Justin

0 answers

Suggest an answer