Work log report

Álvaro G. Vicario December 27, 2012

I'm using the "Log Work" feature on a downloaded JIRA/4.2.1-b588#588 installation to carefully enter the time spent on each ticket. Now I need to create a little summary or report with the total time spent between two arbitrary dates, grouped by project/component and/or or asignee. The information is definitively there (the "Work Log" tab inside each ticket displays both the amount of time and the date it applies to) but I don't have the faintest idea on how to get my report, apart from spending a whole day copying the information from each individual ticket.

The documentation suggests that I need to either pick a predefined report (none of which offer this information) or write a plug-in using XML and Java. Am I missing something?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
twong_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2012

Hi Alvaro:
Does something like this give you what you need?

If so, that's the JIRA Timesheet and Reports plugin: It used to be free, but the developer has decided to make it a paid plugin. It's a great plugin though.

Tim

Álvaro G. Vicario January 1, 2013

The screenshots suggests it's quite close. I'll have a look at it, thank you.

1 vote
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 27, 2012

You can take a look at Workplan plugin. It seems able to create a report based on user log work. If you need to have more features on creating reports, you can refer to documentation of suggested reporting plugins.

Suggest an answer