Work log is placed under wrong issues because of Structure plug-in

Zhenning Bao October 29, 2013

Hi,

I'd report a very serious issue with Jira related to Structure plug-in. We found quite a few times, when we tried to log work, the work is logged to somewhere else! I cannot decide on the pattern yet, but it seemed these issues are all included in one or more strucutres. The issue does not happen all the times though. I discussed about the issue with Jira support firstly. And they direct me here. The original issue is here.

JSP-175256

It seems to happen more often when you use the Time Tracking panel on the issue page. But I am not very sure and it is not 100% reproducible. We've tried on different browsers (IE/Firefox/Chrome) and with different accounts with different access.

I also found that when the problem occurs, the log work dialog will have a title "Log Work XXX-nn" (XXX-nn is the wrong issue ID but NOT the current issue). When it is fine, the log work dialog only has simple title "Log Work" without issue ID at all.

I currently have to disable our Structure plug-in. Please could you help us address the issue? This is high urgency and importance.

Thanks and Regards

Zhenning

I call this "Time Tracking" Panel. The issue usually happens from here instead of from More->Log Work menu item

This is the dialog title "Log Work: XXX-nn" I meant. In this example, I was log work for issue IXXIV-297, but the Log Work dialog shows "Log Work: IXXIV-306". And if I input numbers here, the work will be logged against IXXIV-306. There is no link between these two issues, BTW.

1 answer

1 vote
Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2013

Zhenning, thanks for your report - we'll have this fixed in version 2.5.1. The problem was introduced with the inline page switching from issue to issue, without page reload.

Areg Vrtanesyan _Work_ November 30, 2015

Hi Igor I have seen this again in the Jira 6.4.12 and Structure 2.11.0.jira6 .. Regards, Areg

Martin Poirier October 26, 2016

Hello Igor,

We have this in 6.2.7 + structure 2.10.3.  It should have been fixed in 2.5.1 but with which JIRA ?

Thanks

Martin

Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2016

Martin, this was fixed for all JIRA versions. If you see a regression, please send us some more information to support@almworks.com – what are the actions, what is the observed vs. expected result. 

Sorry about the inconvenience and thanks.

Kind regards,
Igor

Suggest an answer