Work flow in JIRA

kA November 13, 2013

Hi friends,

I have the work flow for my project like when we create the issue it is moved to the closed. Now i want to add the transition for the closed step. But it does not display the "Add Transition" in operation. How can i add the transition for the "Closed" step.

I added the screen shot of it.

Thanks in advance,

karthik A.

screen shot: In operations column there is no Add transition how can i enable this one?

8 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
kA November 13, 2013

Hi Bharadwaj,

i add the new step "Open", from that i can able to move to the "closed" but still closed state does not get the "Add Transition" Operation.

Thanks,

Karthik A.

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2013

you go for diagram representation and try.

0 votes
kA November 13, 2013

During create via diagram i got issue like

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2013

You can't add a transition to a status that has no outgoing transition in an active workflow. Make a copy of your workflow, then add that transition and replace the old workflow with the new one.

0 votes
kA November 13, 2013

Hi,

I done the modification but still the the "Add transition" is not available in the Operation.

please refer the screen shot.

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2013

You have a couple of possibilities:

• make the issue editable in status closed
  • add a transition (e.g. global trandsition) from closed to closed and use the edit screen in that transition
  • as Renjith suggested add an open status to that workflow and add transitions
0 votes
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2013

it should be like this.

0 votes
kA November 13, 2013

Hi,

The work flow is only used for logging the meeting information of ours so after creating the issue, it will set into closed status like a way we are create the workflow. Whenever we are create the issue,it will moved into closed. Now we want to edit some information on that issues. so i need to open the issues. so i tried to add transition on that "Closed" but the Operation is not available.

Diagram of the workflow:

How can i add the transition on the closed status.

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2013

First you need to add a step named Open, then add transition on Closed to Destination step Open.

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2013

I posted an image.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2013

Are you having just the Closed status in your Workflow? If yes, then what is the starting point for the transition? Add more statuses to the workflow and then add transitions.

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2013

yes you are right Renjith, I missed the id of Closed.

0 votes
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2013

your workflow might be active now. Make a draft of this, add transition and publish the draft.

Suggest an answer