Work Logged On Issue vs Issue Updated Events

Tomasz Belina December 17, 2014

Hi,

I've observed that JIRA sends notifications when work is logged on issue even when in notification scheme event Work Logged On Issue has no assigned receivers. In that case receivers are taken from Issue Updated Events and JIRA sends notification to them. I have tempo plugin installed and I'm not sure if it is temp issue or JIRA issue.

1 answer

1 vote
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2014

Hi Tomasz,

You are indeed correct, as part of fixing JRA-29328 this behavior was added to JIRA, so changes in a JIRA issue fire for both specific events (such as work logged and issue assigned) as well as issue update events.

That being said, this has generated more friction that benefits for customers with regards to work log events, and we have chose to modify the new behavior so that logging work does not fire Issue Updated events as its being tracked and discussed on JRA-41046.

We are planning to modify the behavior on the next release of JIRA (6.3.13), that should be released early January already. In the meantime, you'd need to either ignore those emails or create filters in either the Mail Server or Mail Clients to ignore those. As soon as the next version of JIRA is released though I'd advise you to update as soon as possible.

I hope this helps! smile

Cheers,
Matheus

Suggest an answer