Work Log Work Description

Richard Jones August 17, 2015

Hi All

I have  custom screen in my workflow where I allow users to add work logs among other things. One thing I can get is the Work Description. Can I put this on a custom screen? See attached for what I mean?

Thanks

popup.png

3 answers

0 votes
Tehno Bear August 27, 2015

Please check this plugin. May be it is what you need. It will copy Work Description to Comment field.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/ru.tehnobear.copy_work_description_to_comment

0 votes
Andre Borzzatto
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 17, 2015

It shouldn't be possible I believe, because the Log Work screen of JIRA is a special screen that can't be manipulated or changed.

The fields there are also special fields tied to the Time Tracking system of JIRA log work, so, maybe if you were to put the Log Work field into a screen, although the Work Description would not be on then screen, you would be able to put a comment in the Log Work by simply commenting on the issue using the Comment field.

Of course this comment would appear both as a comment in the JIRA issue as a Work Description.

Hope this helps!

Richard Jones August 19, 2015

Thanks Andre, We will log in the comments now. Ideally we wanted work description so we could see the tooltip in this JIRA timesheet plugin. https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/jira-timesheet-plugin Do you know why the work description is missing? This field is the only one missing. ALl others are in there

Prashant Mali
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2018

Same Issue. Is there any way to add Work Description?

Stefano Coletta May 16, 2019

Seems that even in this recent thread there is no solution. I have the same problem.

Other thread on the argument

0 votes
Pilar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2015

Can you try adding Log work field on your screen and see if it works?

Pilar

Richard Jones August 18, 2015

Hi Pilar, I have the log work field added. IT is in the red box in the image but does not include the Work Description. Thanks

Suggest an answer