Wont fix button when there is no fix version

Richard Jones May 11, 2015

Hi All

I had a problem where some developers were resolving JIRA but not including a fix version. I modified the workflow so that the fix version is now mandatory, if it is not there then no RESOLVE button will appear. One hole in this though is that for those JIRAs resolved as WONT FIX it makes no sense to have a fix version. It is possible to have a button that makes the workflow RESOLVED as WONT FIX?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Marion Rosner May 11, 2015

I have a fix version called "Bin" into which we put everything that we're not going to fix or for whatever reason won't be worked on (duplicate, created by mistake etc.), so when something is being marked as "Won't Fix" etc then we don't delete the JIRA record. I'm always aware that we could be audited, and deleting records is a no-no. It also means that it's really easy to search for non-worked-on issues, just look for the fix version of "Bin".

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2015

Ok you currently have a condition on that Resolve transtion (fixversion is not empty), I guess.

If you would use instead in the resolve transition a field required validator(fixversion) with resolution and fixversion on the screen, you could add an additional transition in parallel to your Resolve transition and set the resolution via postfunction to "Won't Fix". So the end user would see to buttons "reslove" and "won't fix"

Or you can use a scripted validator. If the resolution is different from won't fix you require that fixversion is not empty: See https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Validators

Suggest an answer