Without using a Plugin, I wanted to calculate the two custom fields textbox values?

Sathish ISGN September 22, 2014

Hi Team,

I need to calculate the two custom field text values without using any plugins.

Kindly suggest a solution for my query.

Thanks in Advance

Sathish Prabhakar

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2014

You could hack in a display of a calculation by using javascript, but if you want to be able to search, filter or use it in reports, you can't, you need a plugin.

Sathish ISGN September 22, 2014

Nic Brough Kindly give me a way for, how to do that? Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2014

I'm afraid I don't do javascript - It is a pain in the neck to get right and maintain on upgrade, and my clients have always needed the results to be available in places other than issue view, so I've always done it properly.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2014

Question: Which is worse? Hacking the JIRA UI (or even pasting code in the announcement banner) , or using a plugin?

Suggest an answer