With Tempo is it possible to add time via a Smart Commit message?

TJ Baker August 21, 2013

This would increase the possibility of our adoption.

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2013

Yes, you can add time via smart commits but if you have created worklog attributes you cannot add this information in the commit. In case your worklog attributes are required, your worklogs will end in the invalid worklogs and you will have to edit the worklog attribute information by hand.

Regards,

Susanne (Tempo)

TJ Baker August 22, 2013

Thank you Susanne.

We're still new to Atlassian's offerings, only just getting to know things really.

I have pretty much a default OnDemand instance, and honestly don't know what worklog attributes are.

Is that something in Tempo, or some other place?

And as we've not done any such thing, using default settings I am assuming from your answer that we can track time with commits to tempo?

0 votes
Julian Kaffke June 12, 2014

Thank you Susanne, I overlooked that. It works perfectly.

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2014

Hi Julian,

it should be possible to add a worklog description when you log time using smart commit.

Take a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/Using+smart+commits, the Example given for the #time item in the table explains how.

Kind regards,

Susanne

0 votes
Julian Kaffke June 11, 2014

I just found this question. I don't need attributes by now, but it would be great when on could log his worklog description via smart commit like i can with #comment but for the worklog description. Is there a way, which I overlooked?

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 22, 2013

Worklog attributes is a Tempo feature. you can add fields to you log work dialog like overtime, not billable and others. You can decide if they are required for a valid worklog. See https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO/Configuring+Worklog+Attributes for more information. If you have no worklog attributes, time logged with smart commits gets logged just like logging through the log work dialog.

Hope this helps

Susanne

TJ Baker August 22, 2013

Thank you Susanne, that helps very much.

Cheers!

Suggest an answer