Windows security pop up asking for id details even when logged in Jira

sap
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2013

Hi,

In the new version of Jira viz.,5.2.10 when some users log in they get a windows security pop up prompting for password even when the user is logged in.This happens randomly and we cant point out the real issue here.

Has anybody come across such an issue?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
sap
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2013

I guess i have the same problem you got Nic and we have fixed it with some modifications with our proxy.That solved it for us.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2013

I've seen this happen. It's not Jira that is the problem, but a combination of things. To keep it short

1. Some of the icons in Jira were set up to be remote images - instead of using the ones on the server, we'd set them to point at a url
  2. The url was a file store on our intranet
  3. Our network was not set up coherently and sometimes demanded re-authentication

I think you can see where that was going - intermittently, the users would lose authentication on the file store, Jira would try to ask for the icons, and they'd get a login prompt. This was compounded by the fact that some users would have a list of issues on their dashboard which needed the remote icon, and others would not. So it was even more intermittent.

One additional question though - do you get anything at all from Jira before the prompt occurs? The problem I've just described happens part way through the drawing of the screen, so you'd be able to see Jira behind the login prompt.

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2013

Hey there, Sap.

Perhaps you can try to provide the screenshot to this issue? Apart from that:

1. Is your JIRA instance installed behind a proxy?
  2. How does the affected user(s) differ from others?
  3. Is the issue reproducible in other supported browsers?
  4. Have you tried to clear off the browser cache to see if it helps?

Since you mentioned that it occurs randomly, do you mean that it only happens intermittently to all the users?

Warm regards,

Danial

sap
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2013

Hi Danial,

It was a proxy issue and we have resolved it now with some modifications.Thanks a lot for the response

Suggest an answer