[Windows] Jira plugin creation taking longer time in downloading repository

Milankumar Ardeshana April 26, 2017

I started working on creating a plugin and I triggered atlas-create-jira-plugin command three hours ago and still its downloading repositories. Its so slow, I have download speed of 40 MBPS.

can anyone tell me how to get rid of this wait time of download? 

Also Is it one time download or every time I need to wait this long?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2017

Ouch, that command takes seconds for me.

I'd suspect that there's something wrong with your network - somewhere between your download application and the repositories, but there's no way to really know what it might be.  Virus checking is also a possibility which you might be able to rule out quite quickly, but I'd probably want to be looking at the connection.

On the bright side, yes, once you've done it once, you won't need to download again (until something significant changes)

Milankumar Ardeshana April 26, 2017

Ya  its pretty tedious now! I need to check with network admin now. Thanks for your response!

0 votes
Katheryn Taylor April 10, 2019

I'm having the same problem. For every 1-3 KB file required, it's checking atlassian-public, then timing out after 20 seconds or so. After it times out, the downloader turns instead to atlassian-plugin-sdk and finished the download in a fraction of a second.

This may be a firewall issue on my side, but clearly it is a common enough problem that there should be some kind of work-around available...

0 votes
Kshitij Korde March 22, 2018

It is taking ages to download the pom(s) :(
Is there any other way to get around this ?

Milankumar Ardeshana July 2, 2018

its definitely  a network issue or anti virus or firewall or whatever! I changed the system and it works so fast! Please avoid using filtered network!

0 votes
Eduard Mustafin February 15, 2018

I am facing the same problem. Do you have a solution?

Milankumar Ardeshana May 7, 2018

No I didnt have any solution for that, it was a network error in organization and I used my personal network to set it up to resolve it

Suggest an answer