Will this delete my issues?

Bart Meerveld
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: How to remove or disable a Service Desk

Will this delete the issues in a project or will it just turn it into a normal JIRA project?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2016

Bart,

if JSD and JSW are on the same server, i.e. JSD is an application on your JIRA install, then go to the JSD project you wish to change --> project settings>Details and change the project type to Software.

image2016-11-22 7:55:34.png

Bart Meerveld
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2016

Thank you. So no data will be lost in this case except the JSD functionality?

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2016

This deletes the project and issues. If you might want it back one day you should backup before deleting. There is nothing in the article about changing the project type to say "Software" or "Business" if that is what you mean by normal JIRA project.

Bart Meerveld
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 22, 2016

How do you change it to a normal project then (and yes i mean a software project). Can't i just disable the servicedesk for a project?

Suggest an answer