Will my past issues i.e. bugs migrate to new workflow

madhu gs December 22, 2015

Will my past issues i.e. 'bugs' migrate to new workflow

If i switch to new workflow for example i have logged 100 bugs in workflow 1 then i switched to new workflow in that case my past 100 bugs will remains in same workflow or will it migrate to new one?

If it migrates then how can i stops it. 

2 answers

2 votes
Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2015

They will migrate.  The only way to stop it is to use a different project, or else create a new issue type (say, "legacy bug", and assign the old workflow to that type... after first moving all of the existing bugs to that type, of course.

1 vote
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2015

Hi Madhu,

In addition to the excellent answer from @Jeremy Gaudet you should be aware that when they migrate you will be asked to map previous statuses that no longer exist to appropriate new statuses should you decide to proceed with the application of your new workflow.

I would strongly suggest you try this in your development environment and see if this is an acceptable outcome.

Suggest an answer