Will JIRA 4.3.4 support Tomcat 7?

JIRA_Notifications November 17, 2014

We have an older production server running JIRA 4.3.4 using Tomcat 6.0.20(?) and I'm trying to disable SSLv3 to remediate the POODLE vulnerability on that server.  But it appears I can't do it unless I upgrade Tomcat to version 7 or newer.  Will I be able to do that with that old version of JIRA?  Or if you know of a way to disable SSLv3 in Tomcat 6 for JIRA 4.3.4, I would love to know how.  I have already tried changing the sslProtocol="TLSv1.1" and it won't work.  I also added the sslProtocols="TLSv1+TLSv1.1+TLSv1.2" and it did not work either.  Qualys SSL Labs still reports the server has SSLv3 enabled and is vulnerable to POODLE.

Please help.

Thanks much!

~Dave

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2014

No.

JIRA 4.3 does not run (properly) on Tomcat 7.  If you need to move to Tomcat 7, then you need to upgrade Jira.

Acording to http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/Security/POODLE I think your sslProtocols string is wrong though.  Commas, not plus signs

Suggest an answer