Will CSV imports create select field values and versions?

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2022

I have a CSV file to import with many select fields and values.  I also need to set the affects version, fix version, and populate a third version picker custom field. This CSV is packed with version values, so manually creating them in advance is not ideal.  Before creating all the fields AND values, I wondered if CSV import would create the field and version values on import. I know the fields need to be created, but that should be relatively simple.

After this, I have to think about importing attachments and statuses, but I'll focus on that after getting this part sorted out.

1 answer

0 votes
Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2022

Hi @Rob Horan 

As I know during importing from csv you cannot create values in selected fields. You need to point existing values. Same thing will be with versions field.

Regards,

Seba

Suggest an answer