Wiki Style Renderer - Image thumbnail not working

jkfletch02 February 5, 2014

Hi Guys,

I'm having an issue with images which I have attached to issues, they do not display when using the exclamation mark wiki markup notationin. I have enabled wiki style rendering and double checked everything on the atlassian doco pages.

I can link to the attachment using this form of the wiki markup:

[^imagename.png]

Although when I try and reference the attached image file with either of these notations I get nothing, it doesn't even change text colour to red:

!imagename.jpg|thumbnail!

!imagename.jpg!

Here is an image of what I see, the same happens for description fields with the renderer set. As you can see the square brackets notation is linking to the attachments corrrectly although the image links are not.

I don't receive any errors in the server log. I am using Jira "6.0.8", tried on both Java 1.7 and 1.6. OS Windows Server 2k8 r2.

Any help with this will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jesse.

9 answers

1 vote
Siemon Siemon May 14, 2015

Still the same. We updated to *v6.3.12#6343*. thumbnail won't appear. But with a '* ' or '# ' (list) in front of it, it works.

Global settings '*Enable Thumbnails*' is on:

Miniaturbilder aktivieren
Ermöglicht die Erstellung von Miniaturbildern von Bildanhängen.
EIN

Used browsers:

• mozilla firefox 34.0.5
  • ie 11.0.9600.17728
0 votes
lotti July 5, 2016

Quite old thread but Google brought me here instead of https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/image-attachments-are-not-displayed-inline-in-wiki-renderer-fields-723518199.html

"Internet Explorer MIME Sniffing Security Hole Workaround Policy"  "Secure: forced download of attachments for all browsers" may cause these issues.

0 votes
Andre Borzzatto
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2015

Have you verified if the  'Enable Thumbnails' field has been set 'ON' in Administration >> Global Settings >> Attachments.

It might be the case!

It's been a long time since anyone last made a comment here, but it might be good for future references!

Thanks!

0 votes
Siemon Siemon December 15, 2014

There is the workaround, that's it. Atlassian wrote, that they didn't find any bug, feature ist working fine and if there are problems, they are due to individual surroundings.

So, there will be no fixing sad

0 votes
Dmitry Gerasimov December 15, 2014

Same issue in JIRA 6.1.7

Do anybody knows - fix it or not in latest versions?

0 votes
Patrice Foerster November 12, 2014

Hey guys, I have created an issue for that bug. Please see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-40828

0 votes
Patrice Foerster November 12, 2014

Thank you Siemon for your workaround. We are expecting the same issue under JIRA 5.0.6. @Atlassian: is there already a ticket filed for this issue? If so, can you please provide the link. Thanks.

0 votes
Siemon Siemon November 5, 2014

We have the same problem (JIRA 6.1.5 running on Ubuntu Java 1.7) but I found a *workaround*: Put first a numbering, that means the number sign *#*. After that your !myjpg.jpg|thumbnail! - expression. The attachment (picture) must have name like '*.jpg', that means it is case sensitive. Attachments like '*JPG' doesn't work, although you write *!myjpg.jpg|thumbnail!* or !myjpg.JPG|thumbnail!*

0 votes
Florian Rock October 25, 2014

Did you got any update on this? We also have this Problem on a JIRA 6.1.5 running on Ubuntu Java 1.7

Suggest an answer