Wiki Renderer Problem - Jira

Michel Marcoux November 26, 2012

Hi,

I have a custom field (in Wiki Renderer) style. when I paste a big chuck of code, there's no horizontal scrolling bar that appears.

When I paste the same code on another Jira instance with the same custom field setup. the horizontal scrolling bar appears.

Why it does not react the same way? is there a special configuration needed to activate the horizontal scrolling bar?

my 2 jira instances are using the same version (4.2.2)

thnaks in advance!

2 answers

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2012

Are you trying with the same browser on the same machine?

Yes

and we also tried on different machines, same result

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2012

I was suspecting some browser issues. Seems this is something else then!

Another thing that is weird: I can see the horizontal scrollbar working well, when I'm on the EDIT screen and I use the Preview icon button below this field.

After I save the issue, the scrollbar is not working in the VIEW screen...

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 26, 2012

Hi,

Are the two custom fields of the same type? Also, are both of them using the same renderer?

yes both Free Text Field (unlimited text)

both are in Wiki Renderer Style

Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 26, 2012

Hmm, that's odd..is there anything else that is different between the two JIRA instances? Any plugins that might be affecting this?

Both are using the same plugins (and same versions of plugins).

Yes

and we also tried on different machines, same result

Suggest an answer