Why would my browse issue execute a JQL ?

Sridhar Nimmagadda July 8, 2015

When I see slow queries log, I  see something like below..i fail to understand why would i fire a JQL ?

is it something to do with Calculated Fields ?

2015-07-08 13:36:34,817 http-bio-8080-exec-4271 INFO kjaworsk 816x1276623x8 1dhyxhu /browse/KTP-8804 [issue.search.providers.LuceneSearchProvider_SLOW] JQL query '{project = "KTP"} AND {type != "Backport"} AND {fixVersion = "6.30.00.00.0"} AND {text ~ "assignment"}' produced lucene query '+projid:11307 +(+nonemptyfieldids:type -type:7 +visiblefieldids:type) +fixfor:32543 +(ConstantScore(com.atlassian.jira.issue.search.filters.IssueIdFilter@63413785) (+description:assign +nonemptyfieldids:description +visiblefieldids:description) (+environment:assign +nonemptyfieldids:environment +visiblefieldids:environment) ((+summary:assign +nonemptyfieldids:summary +visiblefieldids:summary)^9.0) (+customfield_10118:assign +nonemptyfieldids:customfield_10118 +visiblefieldids:customfield_10118) (+customfield_11001:assign +nonemptyfieldids:customfield_11001 +visiblefieldids:customfield_11001) (+customfield_13403:assign +nonemptyfieldids:customfield_13403 +visiblefieldids:customfield_13403) (+customfield_13302:assign +nonemptyfieldids:customfield_13302 +visiblefieldids:customfield_13302) (+c' and took '1784' ms to run.

1 answer

0 votes
teilor_soares
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2015

Hi Sridhar!

I would check with the user kjaworsk if he has any filters, gadgets in dashboards or report firing this JQL. Is not something you really need to worry about if you are not facing performance issues in your JIRA instance, the only impact of this slow query would be the user kjaworsk waiting more time to view the data he is requesting.

Also, the query itself doesn't not seems related to any calculated field.

Cheers!
Teilor

This is performance related and there are a lot of requests which fire these queries, see the clause {text ~ "assignment"}, I wan't to avoid these queries

teilor_soares
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2015

Is the same user responsible for all the JQL calls?

There are other users as well!! from the slow-queries JQL , i got some logs, ..the /browse/issue-key url seem to fire a slow JQL. I wan't to get rid of it atlease find a reason behind it.

Suggest an answer