Why would a filter work for me but not others in my organization?

EdC May 26, 2016

I have a filter like:  project in (IDS, AT, BACE, FB, SAL, WG, BHSI) ORDER BY Rank ASC

It works for me and returns >2000 records.  I shared it with others who get the following:

error.png

What am I doing wrong? 

Thanks in advance.

4 answers

2 votes
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2016

Normally it's due to permissions. In order to see results from a filter, the user needs to have permission/s in the project. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2016

Notice the errors "the value X does not exist for the field project" - it's trying not to give away that there is a project there with that code to people who can't see it.

1 vote
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2016

Long and short of it....everyone agrees that it is a permissions problem. They are either not logged in, don't have permissions to browse the issues in the projects, or some other permissions setting. 

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 26, 2016

Sometimes this happens when people try to use a filter but they are logged out. The */issues/* URL's don't prompt for login if the instance is public.

0 votes
EdC May 26, 2016

Thanks everybody.  I am chasing that angle but what is weird about this is that I am getting no complaints about working actual tickets and a similar query with what I presume is an older style does work.  (project in (10500, 14200, 13000, 12800, 11200) ORDER BY Rank ASC)  (Numbers changed just in case)  The problem came when I was adding a couple more projects to the project in and JIRA automatically changed the saved query to be the keys.

Suggest an answer