Why won't my field show in my filter

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2013

I have a custom Project Picker field named HF Project Assign. I can add it to a filter. But when I run the filter, the column is not shown.

Why?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Radek Kantor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2013

Hi, check context of you custom Project Picker field and filter restrictions. I think, that if filter is to wide, so for some search results you field is defined, but on others field is not present than column is not shown.

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 31, 2013

In another forum, Atlassian explained that the fields won't show up unless all of the items the query could return have the field. They added that there is an enhancement request to improve this.

1 vote
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2013

Suggest an answer