Why user see all project when adding?

Damian Tokarczyk July 27, 2017

Hello,
I created new permision scheme to project. I added this permision "Browse Projects" to group of user "Customer" that I created.
Now, user from group Customer don't see project in his panel, but when he add issue in modal he see all projects.
How I efficiently will block visibility project?
Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Stefan Arnold
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2017

What do you mean with "dont see project in his panel"?

If you mean the dropdown when pressing the "Projects" Button on the top, that shows only the recently used projects.
The project should be available if your customer uses the "View All Projects" - function

Edit: Sorry i think i missunderstood your question. So you want them to be able to browse the project but you dont want them to select the projects when creating a new issue? When the user does not have Create Permission for that project he shouldnt see that project in create screen. Make sure you set your permissions correct

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2017

You can set it up so that a user is able to create an issue in a project but not see it.  It does feel a little odd, but it can be useful. 

Suggest an answer