Why the user can't create label value on a fly? The user has to ask admit to create the new before he can use it.

Darya_Koyfman September 15, 2016

If the value is new, then user gets an error message that this value doesn't exist. So, I as an admin have to create it, and then the user can choose it from the label list. I don't think it's right. This is not a choose list field, but a label, and user should be able to create label on a fly without an adimn help. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2016

That sounds like you have a select list that you have called "label".  You should add a proper label field instead.

Nic, 

I just checked. I should reword my initial question because, you are right, it's not label but it's a Project's components and versions. Does it mean that I as an admin can add values on a fly but users can't do it?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2016

Ah, I was close.  So, basically, yes, to your follow up question.

For select lists, you have to be a JIRA or System administrator to change the list of options.

Components and Versions are controlled by the Project administrator(s)

Labels can be added by anyone with "edit" rights (including create/transition etc)

Thank you Nic! Now everything is clear smile.

Suggest an answer