• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • Why the sum of search results of "issuetype=Bug and some_field is EMPTY" and "issuetype=Bug and some_field is not EMPTY" don't give me the similar with "issuetype=Bug"?

Why the sum of search results of "issuetype=Bug and some_field is EMPTY" and "issuetype=Bug and some_field is not EMPTY" don't give me the similar with "issuetype=Bug"?

Vital Yeutukhovich May 20, 2015

Hello,

Can anyone explain why I have next result in issue navigator:

"issuetype=Bug" - 7534 matching issues

"issuetype=Bug and some_field is EMPTY" - 5115 matching issues

"issuetype=Bug and some_field is not EMPTY" - 20 matching issues

Why do I lose 2399 issues?

Thanks,

Vital

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Aleksander Mierzwicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2015

I guess that 2399 issues doesn't have this field at all (for example some_field is assigned to issue type/project etc). Does that match your situation?

Vital Yeutukhovich May 20, 2015

Thanks, is was one problem Also I was need to Re-Index issues

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2015

Aleksander is correct. You need to look at the context of this field. Likely it is defined only for some projects/issue types.

see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA062/Configuring+a+Custom+Field#ConfiguringaCustomField-contextContext

Suggest an answer