Why should i use Jira ?

Joshua Eifert March 29, 2016

Why should i use JIRA ? What it has fir advantages in contrast to other Ticketsystems .
What makes JIRA so particulary ?
I would hear with pleasure the opinion from JIRA users and not from employees of Atlassian.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joshua Eifert March 30, 2016

Thank you for the Answers,

@amit raj but the answers not required my question. Why i should use JIRA and not another ticketsystem.

amit raj March 30, 2016

best answer would be i think this link , which gives nice comparision.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_issue-tracking_systems

amit raj March 30, 2016
Joshua Eifert March 30, 2016

thank you @amit raj that was the answer i need laugh 

thumbs upwards laugh
amit raj March 30, 2016

you are welcome smile

2 votes
amit raj March 29, 2016

I am new to JIRA but still can list many pros-

1) very good web based GUI.
2) good user management( connect to LDAP )( or even to google directory)
3) very good issue search options, powerfull query language to search issues, reporting
4) bulk edit issues, move issues between projects etc.
5) export issues to pdf or excel
6) Rich custom fields, fields , configuration, design screens easily, set which fields should be visible or not etc.
7) Implement almost every business process(workflow) in JIRA, not only Development or IT. You can even configure for HR/Sales teams, even for Support teams!
8) good set of validation, permissions sets - who can see what, who can move tickets etc.
9) good to manage any process change ( for admins)
10) Integration with Subversion and other atlassian tools( CM team integration)- Developer/CM can see what file was changed in repository.
11) Plety of plugins in market place for your different requirements- eg. timesheet ect. you dont have to fill timesheet if worklogs entered in JIRA etc.
12) Good reporting, and reporting plugins.
13) full support to Agile methodologies.
14) easy to host on your sever, our on atlassian cloud( pay according to your usage)
15) Good Support from atlassian !

Thank you

1 vote
Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2016

In my opinion, JIRA is good because it can be used for many different purposes; project management, issue tracking, bug tracking etc.

Also it is usable for both big and small companies. It is cheap for small ones and you can track the progress of your company very easily. Also it is useful for big ones because it can manage thousands of issues.

It is scalable; not complex; easy to use, install, configure and integrate with other products; has many plugins that you can use and so on. 

0 votes
Kris USA March 30, 2016

Just for ticketing purpose, JIRA is overhead and expensive..do NOT use Jira. If you are looking for an agile echo system (Agile Board + bug tracking + source control + some others) then I would go with Jira.

0 votes
Joshua Eifert March 29, 2016

But what does have JIRA for a big difference to other Ticketsystems like Tickx or Mantis Bug Tracker ?

Suggest an answer