Why should i use JIRA ? What it has fir advantages in contrast to other Ticketsystems .
What makes JIRA so particulary ?
I would hear with pleasure the opinion from JIRA users and not from employees of Atlassian.
other links( but are from atlassian- trust me they are honest guys as far as i know)
I am new to JIRA but still can list many pros-
1) very good web based GUI.
2) good user management( connect to LDAP )( or even to google directory)
3) very good issue search options, powerfull query language to search issues, reporting
4) bulk edit issues, move issues between projects etc.
5) export issues to pdf or excel
6) Rich custom fields, fields , configuration, design screens easily, set which fields should be visible or not etc.
7) Implement almost every business process(workflow) in JIRA, not only Development or IT. You can even configure for HR/Sales teams, even for Support teams!
8) good set of validation, permissions sets - who can see what, who can move tickets etc.
9) good to manage any process change ( for admins)
10) Integration with Subversion and other atlassian tools( CM team integration)- Developer/CM can see what file was changed in repository.
11) Plety of plugins in market place for your different requirements- eg. timesheet ect. you dont have to fill timesheet if worklogs entered in JIRA etc.
12) Good reporting, and reporting plugins.
13) full support to Agile methodologies.
14) easy to host on your sever, our on atlassian cloud( pay according to your usage)
15) Good Support from atlassian !
In my opinion, JIRA is good because it can be used for many different purposes; project management, issue tracking, bug tracking etc.
Also it is usable for both big and small companies. It is cheap for small ones and you can track the progress of your company very easily. Also it is useful for big ones because it can manage thousands of issues.
It is scalable; not complex; easy to use, install, configure and integrate with other products; has many plugins that you can use and so on.
This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.Read more
Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs