Why searching by custom field's value is not returning all issues it should Edited

Hello everyone

I added an custom text field and I did reindex.  JIRA's version 7.1.2 (server). Then I try search issues when custom field's value ~"334" and I get 4 issues.

 

Project A Issue C
Broject B Issue F
Broject B Issue G
Broject B Issue H

 

But when I did request to database

select j.project, j.issuenum, j.summary, cf.stringvalue from customfieldvalue cf, jiraissue j
where cf.customfield=14402
and cf.issue(+)=j.id and cf.stringvalue='334'

I get 8 issues.

Project A Issue C
Project A Issue D
Project A Issue E
Broject B Issue F
Broject B Issue G
Broject B Issue H
Broject B Issue J
Broject B Issue K

 

Why I can't get 8 issues via jql?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

I found the reason. I updated customfield's value by using JAVA API and I forget to re-index issue.

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,716 views 17 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you