Why screen names are prefixed with project code

Sabyasachi Dalal March 16, 2015

I am using OnDemand instance, and all screen names are prefixed with the project code. Such as, PROJ1:Software Development Bug Screen , PROJ2 : Software Development Resolve Issue screen. Why is the project code prefixed ?

Why dont we have only the screen name ? This way , there will be a bunch of new of screen names generated with every project that is created.

regards

s dalal

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2015

Because Atlassian are moving to have "project create" create projects that do not share schemes at all (Screens, permissions etc)

Prefixing the new screens and other items with the project code that caused them to be created is a sensible move, as you can see exactly what it is doing at a glance.

(My opinion is that this is a bad move though.  As a long-term admin, I've spent a LOT of time trying to simplify JIRA, reusing standards so that people see things done in the same way, and having a whole new set of schemes on every project in a medium/large JIRA is an administrative and user nightmare to be frank)

Suggest an answer