Why previously assigned user gets an email

Usman Jawaid May 21, 2018

Hi 

I want to achieve a workflow but previously assigned user is getting notification:

1. I assigned issue (1) to user user(A) user A get an email (All good)
  2. I re-assigned issue (1) to user (B) 

Jira (core) generate email for for user (A) which I don't want any idea how can I avoid this?

2 answers

0 votes

Hi @Orawan Sittakom I don’t have a notification set for watchers and I don’t see option to see all watchers in the issue.

fyi 

A3CAD21B-8C17-4C8A-A058-278E82D1DD63.jpeg

laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2018

Hi Usmand,

With the notificacion of Issue Assigned, users get notified when they are Unassigned from and issue, as Jira considers they need to get informed they no longer have that issue. ( You would like to know if someone "steals" an issue from you).

Regards

Orawan Sittakom
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2018

Hi Usman, 

Lara is right.

Do you mean, the User (A) is still getting notification when issue (1) is updated, or User (A) just got only one notification when issue (1) was assigned to User (B)?

@Orawan Sittakom yes @laralg is right.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/creating-a-notification-scheme-776636401.html 

I work in a academic institute and I am exploring Jira for business automation.
Jira send out email to both users thats fine but is there a way I can control template of Jira notification email when I change the assignee?

Currently Jira strikeout the name of previous assignee which is kind of unprofessional because professor and doctors don't like the idea of their name strike out.  

i.e.

Changed by : Governance Manager
Assignee : Dr RobertoProf Smith

laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2018

Hi, 

Usmand, maybe you could create your own notifications with add-ons.

Scriptrunner comes to mind for scripting, but you would have to write your onw listener for when the assignee is modified and maybe do your own html for the email (which I think is too much work just for disliking the name crossed out).

Otherwise I would check the other email add-ons, JEMH, Email this issue etc,.. to see which one covers that...

Regards

0 votes
Orawan Sittakom
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 21, 2018

Hi Usman,

You may need to check the following items:

• User (A) is added inthe Watcher list of issue (1) or not?
  • And notification scheme in your project, does it send email to Watcher? 

If User (A) is watcher of issue (1) and notification scheme includes Watcher for the action that you did (e.g. issue updated), the user (A) still gets notification from issue (1).

Seem like Jira is designed different..

Suggest an answer