Why not getting the SAVE option when changing one of my existing filters. Only can SAVE AS. Happens in CHROME & IE. WHY?

JanaW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2014

Using CHROME or IE, can't SAVE one of MY existing filters even after I run the filter, user still can't just SAVE the filter. Can only SAVE AS. Seems to be isolated to only one User that I am aware of. Also tried it in IE and it didn't work there either. User has logged off and even rebooted without success.

Using Chrome: v31.0.1650.57 and java 6 update 45(build 1.6.0_45-b06)

JIRA 6.2.4 (Server version)

7 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Gina Prego April 19, 2020

The same thing was happening to me and I found a solution that worked. If you make the change and see "Save As" you can go to the ... in the top right corner. If you open it up, it should say "Clear Sorts" which I did. The "Save" option came up for me

James Pate March 16, 2021

this workaround no longer works... :(

Deleted user March 22, 2021

thans that was perfect

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2014

You will have to make the changes and run it before you can save it. Make your changes and click on the Search button before trying to save.

JanaW
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 16, 2014

We did that already and it still will only allow you to SAVE AS.

Like Velizar_V likes this
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 16, 2014

It should be a bug then. Are you sure the filter is owned by the user?

adolf garlic January 17, 2019

Yep same, this is a bug for sure

adolf garlic January 17, 2019

Also it's really annoying because it then won't even allow you to 'save as' over the top of the existing filter, which in itself is a separate bug

Krishna Yezzu April 2, 2019

it is a Bug, however there is a workaround, the save button shows momentarily once one updates the existing filter and hits the search (lens) icon. If you are quick you should be able to hit the save button and observe a bubble message "The filter ****** has been successfully saved" 

David Holshouser March 2, 2020

Same here. I can create a query, save it, then am not allowed to modify it and save again.

Joe Hockaday March 24, 2020

Told a lie. After changing something in the filter and running you do indeed get 'save'.

Sean M April 8, 2020

It seems to be unclear what Jira considers a 'change.' If you change the displayed columns for the filter, that evidently is not a 'change'

Like Jeff Abbott likes this
Jeff Abbott November 17, 2020

It seems column changes made by the owner are automatically saved to the filter IF you have columns set to "Filter" instead of "My Defaults" or "System".

3 votes
BMJ Ventures March 4, 2019

I had the same issue but found a workaround.  I had to change the original JQL and hit Search for the Save button to display.  I changed the JQL to something I did not care about and then saved it.  I then changed the JQL back to what I wanted, hit Search and was able to Save.

1 vote
Sandeep Balasubramanyam April 14, 2020

As a workaround, once you make the required changes in the query and click on 'Search' button, and once the results load, click on refresh button in the browser. You will be able to see the 'Save' button.

Tried this in chrome and it works.

Jana Volencova May 4, 2020

Thank you, it worked for me too. 

Naama Betzalel December 13, 2020

thank you!!

this works

0 votes
Joe Hockaday March 24, 2020

0 votes
Kiran_Kumar February 13, 2019

Filters have owners as well; By default JIRA sets the owner to the one who created the filter.

Go to Shared filters, find the one to which you're trying to edit the query then click settings icon and select change owner. User should be able to update the query.

Unfortunately, filters can have only one User.

0 votes
Narges Balouchestani Asli April 18, 2018

I have the exact same problem. Any solution for this? I am the owner of the filter but every time I make any modifications it makes me to save it as a new filter and this creates many version of my filters which is an unnecessary duplication. 

Suggest an answer